Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hope

The past few months have been pretty hard for me and my family. The economy has really effected us, which in turn effects our mental and emotional well being. I wish I could say I was a strong enough Christian who knew God would take care of me and who didn't doubt. However, I will be completely honest and let you know that I have let fear rule over me these past few months. Instead of getting into His word and spending one on one time with the Lord, I grew distant from God. I know He called me away from my job to take care of my daughter, but when my sister lost her job, which in turn meant I was out of money that my family depended on, I felt a total let down from God. Here I was obeying what He asked me to do, yet my family is struggling in more ways than one!! I felt like He let go of me and I had such a hard time feeling His prescence. I couldn't even really get into worship at church, and for anyone that knows me, knows that worship is MY thing! I let satan build a wall up between me and my God. I let his lies become truths to me. I gave in to my fears instead of standing on God's promises!! However, this past Sunday the pastor said something that really resonated with me. Well, he said a lot that really spoke to me (I thought the sermon was written for me! haha). He said "why are we so afraid that our God will not take care of us? If we love our children and take care of them with all we know how, than how can we think that our Father in Heaven will not do exceedingly more for His children?? And He has ALL the capablities at His fingertips to do so."

This comment really spoke to me and hit me right in the heart. Why am I so fearful?? And of course God loves me! The question should have never been if He loved me or not, it should have been what does He want me to gain from this experience. I can also honestly say that even though my family has gone through a pretty hard financial time, our needs have ALWAYS been met. This Christmas may be a small Christmas, but maybe that is exactly what God wants! Maybe He wants me to focus on all the blessings He has given me like my beautiful Gracie, my wonderful husband, and my awesome family and friends. It's not about the gifts, it's about His son and what He gave to the world! I am not to focus on the presents and what I don't have, but instead focus on what I DO have and all that He has given me. I am His daughter and He will always take care of me NO MATTER WHAT!!

And today I proudly report how gracious and GOOD our God is!! My sister got a job and starts on Monday!!! YAY God and Congrats Kara!!
........................

I also wanted to post a picture of my beautiful blessing, Gracie. I just can't get enough of this cutie!!


.......................
On a side note, I follow a blog written by Angie Smith (she is the wife of Todd Smith, lead singer of Selah). About two years ago she was pregnant with a baby girl and found out that the baby had a terminal illness and would not live past delivery. She carried the sweet baby, and it died shortly after she gave birth. The blog is her journey through that trial. I love reading her words and find such enouragement in her writing. Her new post is very inspiring and I hope it speaks to you as much as it spoke to me!
http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment