Monday, November 16, 2009

My Big Girl



Time goes by so fast when you have a child. Time was already going fast before Gracie, but now it just flies by! Grace is 8 and 1/2 months already and I feel like she was just born yesterday. She has been having a lot of "firsts" lately and it just makes me feel so proud! I know every mother thinks their child is the smartest and cutest, but Grace really is haha. :)




This past Saturday was Adriana's first birthday party. Can I just say that just blows my mind!! The above picture is from the party. It was an awesome party and my sister did a great job putting it all together! There were sooo many kids. Having everyone all together in one place really showed how big our family is growing and how many new little ones we have. My cousin Misty just had a baby boy, named Anthony, this past week. So, currently the new little ones are Connor (just turned 1), Adriana (1), Grace (8 1/2 mths), and Anthony (1 wk). Now that doesn't count all the other little ones that we have that are under 6. We also have a lot of friends that just had babies too! Gavin (4 mths), Landon (2 mths), Peyton (17 mths), and Maddie (1 yr). Grace and Adriana are so blessed to have so many play mates!!




Seeing all the new little babies at the party made me think of how much Grace has grown in such a short amount of time. It also makes me want to have another one so bad!! Grace has started to finally crawl. She has been kind of crawling for about a month now, but she was more interested in sitting up and pulling herself up on things than actually crawling. Well, the morning of Adriana's party, she started crawling!! She does it so well!! Gracie also learned to wave with one hand on Saturday too. She was trying to wave for quite some time, but she would wave with both hands haha. Now she finally gets it and waves with just one hand. She also said "no no" for the first time on Saturday and has not stopped since! This was cute the first few times, but now it's lost its excitement haha.




Saturday night, Clinton was leaving to go to the store and Gracie could tell he was about to leave. So she crawls over to him and says "no no dada" over and over again and then kept giving him lots of kisses. She didn't want him to leave. It was sooo cute!! I know it broke Daddy's heart! It was a big step for Grace because it showed that she is using her words in association with their meaning instead of just babbling words.




She is so fun to watch! Gracie loves to play with toys and figure out how they work. When she figures out how the toy lights up, plays music, or moves she get so excited and proud of herself. I love the look on her face when she figures it out and how she looks around for me or Clinton and then claps to show her excitement. She is just the cutest thing. I may miss her little baby stage, but I sure am loving her "big girl" stage. God has blessed me with such an amazing daughter! Even when things are going crazy around me, all I need to do is look at my sweet little girl and see God's goodness and mercy. I see His Grace!!

No comments:

Post a Comment